Facing Or ?
  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Immigration Law
  4.  | Green Cards / Visas

Legal Help For Green Cards, Work Visas And Family-Based Visas

Last updated on November 15, 2023

The Law Offices of Rafael Pazmino, LLC, works hard to help individuals and families navigate the U.S. immigration system to meet their needs.

  • Some are in the U.S. and seeking an adjustment of status.
  • Others are abroad, looking for the right opportunity to immigrate to Connecticut or elsewhere in the U.S.
  • And some are U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents (LPRs) trying to bring family members or fiance(e)s from abroad.

In each situation, there are specific processes and recommended steps to follow. An experienced immigration lawyer can advise you on how to increase your chances of success. Our lawyer, Rafael Pazmino, works closely and directly with each client in pursuit of the most effective immigration path.

Types Of Work Visas And Processes For Applying

Some well-known work visas include H1-B, H-2A, H-3, I, L-1 and P-1, plus many others. Each allows for different types of temporary workers to come to the U.S., such as skilled, seasonal agricultural and religious workers.

The necessary processes for obtaining work visas generally involve:

  • A job offer in the U.S.
  • A petition to be approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
  • A labor certification to be approved by the U.S. Department of Labor
  • A nonimmigrant visa application
  • An interview at the U.S. Embassy
  • Additional requirements such as fingerprints

Visas For Family Members

Family-based visas may provide temporary permanent residency or green cards for close family members. These visas are for spouses of U.S. citizens or permanent residents, unmarried children under age 21, orphans adopted abroad, or to be adopted in the U.S. and parents of U.S. citizens who are at least 21 years old.

A fiance(e) visa may lead directly to a green card if a marriage is formalized within 90 days. A foreign-born spouse’s initial green card will be issued “with conditions.” After at least two years in the U.S., he or she must file a I-751 petition to have conditions on permanent residence status removed.

Other family preference categories, which generally take longer to be approved, include brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens.

The process for seeking family-based visas typically includes:

  • A U.S. sponsor’s application
  • Screening and background checks
  • An interview with an immigration official
  • Payment of fees
  • A medical examination
  • Fingerprinting

Prepare An Application Designed To Succeed

Whatever pathway to a visa or green card that you or your family member seeks, accuracy and responsiveness to USCIS are critical. To increase your chances of a smooth and successful approval process, work with an experienced and dedicated attorney. Don’t risk making mistakes that can lead to denial and potentially having to start the process again from the beginning.

Contact Us For Help

Consult with our attorney about visa or green card goals that you or your family members have. Call 203-539-6189 or email us today.

Se habla español.